(We have translation for this introduction page in Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, and Korean. We apologize for the poor translations into your languages.)
(We have the 2 translation buttons on the top, right column area throughout this website.)
The series of USL (which made the average students learn 30-40 days of normal class math in 1 class of 30-40 minutes) originally, then MMU1 (Mini Mini USL1 which boost the math worst half to the math best half very quickly) were created by Lee and were designed to empower the mind (especially math) of the people so that we can overcome the global crises much faster and easier than traditionally even imagined to be possible.
Our main summary:
- Our motto: to end the math poverty is to end the poverty itself, not in 50-200+ years, but to take care of math poverty in 5-10 years and the poverty itself in 10-20 years, nothing more, if the governments (cities, states, or nations) can collaborate with us and support the causes.
- What MMU1 if supported can do: to raise the math poverty (about 25 percentile of the student population) to the math prosperity (about 75 percentile of population), starting at the district, city levels and then to the states and then perhaps nations in 2-4 years, not 50-100-200 years.
- Normally how long does it take to raise the national or state math average the way MMU1 can? 50-200 years (if we use the global math assessment data for the past 15-20+ years from the PISA, TIMSS, and for the NAEP (or the Nation’s Report Card) from the USA).
- What will be the economic impacts? If fully utilized the average annual real income per capita rise will be at least 4-10 times, depending on the level of the economic developments of the nations.
NOTE: For each of the assertions or claims below, please click to see the source pages that may enhance your understandings.
A rough rule of thumb essence of MMU1 to the developed OECD countries, USA and the Latin American countries is summarized here in this chart based on the USA average vs. that of Puerto Rico.
Follow the yellow arrows that symbolize the growth size due to MMU.
To view clearer, please click on the image.
Please read the written words in the 5 rectangular blocks. So imagine that in your cities, districts, and states,
- the math proficiency (be it for NAEP, TIMSS, or PISA) of the non-Asian or Latin American western OECD nations is not going to be 10-30% any more but 60% (which is the best math USA state or big cities at least for the grade 4) ~ 80% (far beyond the current top 5-6 Eastern Asian math nations).
- the math proficiency (be it for TIMSS, or PISA) of the Latin American above the average countries – 1) Latin American top tier (Chile, Uruguay, Mexico, Costa Rica, and Trinidad & Tobago) or 2) Latin American mid tier (Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Ecuador) – exceed the current USA average (for the LAC top tier) or will rise close to or higher than the USA average after MMU1 shakeup.
For the 80% level is higher than the best math nation (e.g. currently the 4 Asian Tiger countries’ estimated average). So to acknowledge its profound potential and grow together or to ignore to stagnate for decades are your choices, be it rational or fear-bound.
The link above about Lee gives the other composite links to guide you through. Lee has run pilot studies of the original USL (during which he made the average students of the grades 2-11 to learn 30-40 days worthy of math in 1 class of 30-40 minutes, but this was too much for normal people in EDU establishments and backfired). So he backpedalled then and ran the initial MMU1 pilots (to boost the math 25 percentile rapidly to 75 percentile), published a series of papers on the math stagnations as real (which Lee believes that all the Ministries and Departments should wake up and pay attention, but in reality they seem to be ignoring this systematically), released ongoing economic justifications about absolutely urgent necessity of MMU1 for most governments, and finally he is trying to run MMU1 pilots in the developed countries, be it districts, cities, states, or countries.
What Lee is proposing to your school district, city, state, (or even national government) now?
- MMU1 (if the leaders are visionaries and have guts to push this forward): math poverty ends –> math prosperity rapidly.
- MMU 0.5 (still total revolutionary by any standard): math poor 25 percentile will rapidly boost to 50 percentile level, which still takes many decades if the average OECD nations are lucky. Now with the ongoing math stagnations, this can be 50-100 years without MMU series even with the best of math EDU technology.
- MMU 1/3 (math 25 percentile to about 43 percentile): this is still larger than the average OECD math growth past 15-20 years before the stagnations sweep through.
Lee is going to give the priorities to districts, citites, and states that support and collaborate with his MMU x.x proposals. For those who initially ignored this completely, later they will be put on the last que of implementations.
To propose MMU1 pilot study proposals to the districts, cities, governments, philanthropists, NGOs, investors, media people, and other like-minded people (summarized in this 1 page highglight) who are rational, efficient to go directly to the ultimate causes of troubles instead of whining and complaining, praying with the never ending wishful thinking that haven’t bear fruits and will not bear fruits.
Introduction about MMU1 (Mini Mini USL1) is an appetizer version of USL1, which is still just a first step of the full USL.
- MMU1 (that uses only about 4-8% of the USL capacity) introduction here.
- USL original pilot studies and USL1 here.
- Where do you zoom in to get more detailed information? You can start with the Executive Summary section ath the top navigation bar or here click.