The common ground between USL-5UE and Millenium Development Goals (MDGs)
Lately, I realized that it turned out there are a lot of common goals between USL-5UEs’s and MDG’s.
Although there are a lot in common between the UN operations and USL, USL focuses on issues that are not geopolitical and doesn´t involve anything military or forces. The most obvious common grounds are the MDGs –> Post-2015 & SE4All and the UNEP, UNDP, UNDESA, UNIDO, and UNESCO may be some of the UN agencies or groups that have the most in common.
the Millennium Development Goals by 2015, the goals follow:
- To eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
- To achieve universal primary education
- To promote gender equality and empowering women
- To reduce child mortality rates
- To improve maternal health
- To combat HIV/AIDS, malaria, and other diseases
- To ensure environmental sustainability
- To develop a global partnership for development.
Although UGG may expand itself to cover all of MDG and beyond, at the current stage, the main aims of UGG is the first three of the MDG goals, followed by the 7th. So, half of the MDGs. The health parts of MDGs are beyond our current scope obviously, but will be covered later.
The basic plans are:
- The first phase will primarily tackle MDG 1, 2, and 3. ( for the first a few or several years)
- The second phase will focus on 4, 7, and 8. (expecting between the year 4-7)
- The third phase will take care of MDGs 5 and 6 as well
If we manage to collaborate with UN, especially UNESCO, etc, early enough, then we may be able to take even more ambitious projects.
A Short Visual Guide to the USL 1 & 2 with the economic contributions for URF to work with the UN (2.5 minutes)
This video may appear to run a bit fast to read everything. So please feel free to pause in between to read all the written words or view it twice to digest the materials if necessary.
- USL1 for 5 regions or continents (This is what we are trying to push while it may take a bit of time for dozens or later over hundred of countries to join USL-5UE-URF movement to start rapid global revolutions.)
- For the current efforts of USL to collaborate with (UNESCO and) UN, please check these.
- How this USL1 will benefit the Governments, the UN, the people, & all living beings
- Our approach to the least developed countries in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia as these two regions are the most relevant for the Post-2015.