USL-5UEs-URF Trio Introduction
To the sailors of this precious earth who try to make our world much better:
“We need a new economic paradigm that recognizes the parity between the three pillars of sustainable development. Social, economic and environmental well-being are indivisible. Together they define gross global happiness.”(Ban Ki-Moon, UN Secretary-General, 2012)
The extreme challenges demand the extraordinary visons and task.
“You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” (Buckminster Fuller)
¨People and history have tremendous inertias on their own. No truly major breakthrough discoveries or ideas worthy in history books were ever accepted easily unless to be tagged as ´too good to be true´ at first and rejected till their near exhaustions.¨ (Dongchan Lee, USL-5UE creator, 2014)
We are doing this because we believe that we can not only achieve the unified 3 pillars mentioned by Mr. Ban Ki-Moon, but also can exceed the general UN operations to achieve the goals for fomenting the new paradigms, especially to go beyond the current positioning of the post-MDG (Millennium Development Goals) and SE4All (Sustainable Energy For All) of the UN. To create a new paradigm and unify these three pillars are indeed almost formidable tasks – because the challenges of each pillar alone have been immense, and we are keenly aware of the gamut of the difficulties of the past and what lie ahead. Thus, believing that you are constantly seeking better and alternative solutions to the currently sluggish march towards the 3 unified pillars, we´d like to offer our direct responses to erect the twisted three pillars from quite unorthodox points of views, using the tactic of Buckminster Fuller´s. How do we do that?
5UEs means the (Unified Economy-Environment-Energy-Education-Equality).
Our origin of the USL and 5UEs and why the Quartet of the USL-UN-NGOs- all governments (we call UUNG Quartet) should participate to our ambitious and yet humble proposals altogether as soon as possible?
URF 1 introduction – Part 1 (9.5 minutes)
URF 1 introduction – Part 2 (9.5 minutes)
As you may like to see some evidences for the effiectiveness of the USL pilot studies...
Channel 30 (Santa Lucia Utatlan, Solola, Guatemala) news on February 23rd on Sunday, 2014 (5 minutes long) with the English subtitle (for which you need to click at the bottom of the video for Caption and choose English).
You may skip the first 40 seconds. (with the English subtitle.)
A few hundreds of elementary school students from Ruben Dario chanting for USL Go Global They are chanting ¨Apoyemos al USL. USL Go Global.¨ Lets support USL. USL Go Global. (about 10 seconds)
Lets support USL series: about 400 students from Fernando Salomon (middle school) chanting Let us support USL. USL Go Global. What they are chanting in sync here is:
Let us support USL. USL Go Global. Lets support USL to the UN. Lets support USL to UNESCO. (abuot 30 seconds)
For the video testimonials from the principals of the elementary and middle schools in Santa Lucia Utatlan for the USL pilot studies that occurred in late February of 2014 at the same time, please check out the following page.
Originally we tried to revolutionize the global education system (especially in math and science) because the unprecedentedly massive math education boosts will trigger the massive economic growths, and thereby can not only end the extreme poverty of the 15% of the world population (the #1 target of the MDGs), but also the poverty of over half the world population. Soon we realized, however, that the profound economical domino effects at the same time will subsequently deplete the energy and natural resources much faster than so far and endanger the environment unless the UUNG Quartet act together decisively. If we can do this in timely manner, then we can achieve the non-material growth sustainably, quickly, transforming to the circular, sustainable, and non-material economy.Last summer, we discovered that the UN initiative of SE4All has been dealing with this for the past a few years already. So we realized that we can not only help, but also can transcend the current UN goals of the post-MDGs and SE4All at the same time very efficiently in timely manner if there are sufficiently early collaborations take place.
Although at first we looked for investors to make USL go global very quickly and desperately needed the financial infusions, we stopped soliciting the investors soon after we realized that we needed to collaborate with the UUNG Quartet to fulfill the missions of both 5UEs and the unified 3 pillars that the UN Secretary-General is talking about. This was an extremely difficult choice, but we have done so because the subtle balances among the economy, environment, energy, education, and empowerment MUST NOT be broken. In 2015, the MDGs ends and we decided to solicit UNG Trio instead of delaying our solicitations, as the Christmas and the New Year celebrations may delay our struggles one more month at least.
Our basic premises can be summarized as follow. Our first peaceful weapon is something called USL
(Unified Super Learning). USL breaks every rule of the traditional education to boost the human capital while massively boosting the economy (first pillar) unlike anything ever done before because its economic growth contributions will be larger than the entire current world economic size within one generation at least. Our strategy is to transform our global system starts by massively boosting the human capital using it as it can make average people learn math and science 10-50 times faster than normal, which will, as a result, shake up the world economy massively because the economic growth critically depends on the human capital (arguably more than anything else). The conventional wisdom for measuring the human capital in the macroeconomics is by the years of schoolings, but the unconventional – and almost inconvenient – truth seems to lie in the power of cognitive skills due to the strength of math and subsequently of science and their contributions to the economic growths, not the years of schoolings. For the subtleties behind this issue have been tackled and we will release a few dozen open-source working papers called Pre-UE papers in early 2015.
Our 5 step plans consist of the following sequence:
- The USL (Unified Super Learning) pilot studies (that have already covered the grades 2-11 from 8 schools for over 1,200 students, and included the surveys, verifications, the testimonials from the participating students and the school principals as well as Let´s Support USL to the UN- UNESCO-Ministries Of Education videos) with the amazing success, but we want to push this to the global level with the UN.
- Pre-5UE paper releases: 5UE (Unified Economy, Energy, Environment, Education, Empowerment) is our attempts to start the paradigm shifts for the unification of the 3 pillar that the UN Secretary-General alluded to. It will cover interdisciplinary approaches to resolve the global crises from new clear perspectives not only to challenge the paradigms especially in macroeconomics, but also to encompass the social and environmental sciences. The series also introduces new causal analysis schemes that will directly attack and revise the traditional growth theories that have plagued the macroeconomics and thereby the global policies to the points of the broken 3 pillars of the sustainable developments.
- UPSPM (Usl Pilot Studies for the Post-MDGs): multinational online USL-UNESCO pilot studies where we seek your participations as this will require the full scope of attentions between the UN, the relevant agencies (UNDP, UNEP, UNOP) or anything that are related to the post-MDGs, SE4All (Sustainable Energy For All), the relevant NGOs as well as the governments worldwide and their Ministries Of Education, etc.
- International treaty guided by the UN tentatively called URF (Unified Redistribution Fund) which we try to target in 2015 as it is the ending year of the MDGs of the UN.
- URF series: the URF series are exclusively for the URF member nations to encourage as many countries – especially the G20 countries – as possible to participate together to transform our world as the benefits far-outweigh the relatively small investments and commitments.
Q: Why do we need to break up URF into 3-5 series?
Firstly, although we planned to release the entire USL in 2013, we decided not to do so because of the potential of abuse is profoundly huge and can be against the unifications of 5UEs or the 3 pillars because too much money will be involved. The absolute power or absolute money will absolutely corrupt anything down the road. So, we had to come up with the solutions that entice the national governments and NGOs to get involved with our projects as the economic incentives are truly unprecedented in their scale. Yet we had to monitor progress properly because most nations may simply try to take advantage of this to their economic prosperity at the expense of everything else in 5UEs or 3 pillars. So here are our solution guidelines. If the full-blown USL math series are released, then the world GDP growth can reach literally and figuratively 200-400 times (annually growth rates close to 15% worldwide for more than half a century) larger than the current world economic size, at least theoretically based on the data since about 1950s although you must be in disbelief for the staggeringly vast scope of this implication. So we have to repeat that the USL is nothing short of real revolution, not just a reform.
Secondly, for the first URF series (the international treaty we try to establish via the UN by the end of 2015), we plan to provide the USL math methodologies exclusively to the URF member nations by advancing 2-3 years of their national math proficiency levels of the students in average, which is expected to boost the their national GDP growth rates by 2-3 % for more than half a century, not just a decade. Be aware, in contrast, that none of the OECD countries have advanced their national math proficiency average by 1 year over the past half a century. Even advancing half a year level of math levels in school over 1-2 decades is rare. Recently, the world average GDP growth rates are about 3.5%, including the GDP forecasts for the near future. Although there will be other factors for the economic growth, if we can focus on the math-induced human capital boost alone, the URF member nations can double their economy in an average of 12 years; so in half a century, instead of increasing about 6 times, the world economy may grow about 20 times of the current economic size in average. Of course, these are rough estimates for the global average and the work force changes take time, but what we are trying to say is that the USL contribution to the world economy may well be larger than the entire world economy size within one generation (bare minimum).
Thirdly, we’d like to remind you that this is based on the first series of URF alone. We plan to release more upgraded URF series only if the world shows more willingness to collaborate together and to make our world better by following the 5UE protocols and the 3 unified pillars. The full release of the USL in a short time will be like a Pandora´s box and we suspect that it is impossible to maintain the sustainable growths without devastating the environment and the natural resources with the world GDP growing with about 15% average over half a century. Even the heydays of China for 1-2 decades completely pale in comparison.
Fourthly, the reasons why we want to break up URF into 4-5 series is that the URF participating nations have to show their signs to abide by the 5UE protocols. The more they deviate from the protocols, the more they act against their own national and economic interest. So, the basic idea is to make every nation massively boost their human capital, which in turn will massively boost their economy under the strict URF conditions to transform their entire economies from our current predatorily resource-abusive economies to the completely sustainable, circular economies as follows:
- To drastically reduce any form of the natural resource depletions, starting with the most critical resources including the fossil fuels and rare earth elements,
- To build the infrastructures of the renewable, resource-based circular economy rapidly
- To help the poorest 50% of the world so that they can quickly and sustainably build the infrastructures of the 5UE-based sustainable economies over the next 15-20 years. This will be much more promising than the current modus operandi of the MDGs and SE4All.
What is our first step together to achieve our goals as the UUNG Quartet? The USL pilot studies have already covered over 1,200 students in 8 schools in 2 countries, and made average students from grades 2-11 learn 10-50 times faster than normal. This, however, may not be enough to convince the world governments. To completely cement the validity of USL efficiency, we plan to invite the UNG Trios outside the USL, meaning at least a few dozen countries´ participations with the supervision of the UN (especially UNESCO) in 2015 so that the USL´s claimed results become indisputable and can be easily calibrated and scaled to motivate most of the nations to participate in our trio movements -USL-5UEs-URF and UUNG quartet operations to efficiently transform our world.
The starting points:
- Check out http://uslgoglobal.com/blog/usl-press which include the TV coverages of USL pilot studies in Guatemala and other links, to be motivated to start a truly amazing global movement together.
- The key to USL, 5UEs, and URF for the UN, NGOs, and governments
- For the introduction, please visit http://uslgoglobal.com/blog/usl-short-comprehensive-introduction/ and follow the links from there.
- For the Blueprints of USL, http://uslgoglobal.com/blog/blueprints-how-usl-go-global-can-really-transform-the-world-in-short-time-effectively/
We hope to hear from you soon.