By Dongchan Lee Date: March 12, 2017 (Draft 2)
NOTE: although these 11 solutions are mainly targeted to the districts, DoEs, and charters of the USA, the similar principles seem to apply to most of the English-speaking developed countries (e.g. Australia, New Zealand, UK, Ireland, and Canada to a certain degree).
Please keep in mind that your schools with the (quality math) teacher shortages can collaborate with Lee as he is trying to collaborate with a network of schools exclusively online math so that you can solve 11 big headaches common for both the districts and the charters that plague both the school districts and the charters, let alone statewide or nationally:
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) teacher shortages crises: the math (and even science) teacher shortages crises (as you can use Lee as some emergency remedies coupled with some pilot studies simultaneously) because this crisis hits not only the districts, but also the charter schools and seems getting worse nationwide.
- To overcome pandemic scale math stagnations (including all English-speaking nations): Lee has released the entire levels of the copiled evidences of the math stagnations: which have been happening in almost all developed nations, all English, German-speaking countries and all upper tier Latin American countries as well as the top 5 math EDU countries from the Eastern Asia (including all 4 Asian Tiger countries). For more visual data, you can check out the link here. http://uslgoglobal.com/wp-math-stagnation/
- Speed gains to rise: see your students’ math fly off the chart far faster than you are ready to deal with (even for the very best of the star CMO operation averages).
- Rapid implementations: this can be implemented immediately once you are all set and ready to collaborate with Lee and start supporting the cause of Lee (to end the math poverty very quickly).
- Much $$$$ cost savings than to get the poor math results with the substitute teachers or even with your good quality certified math teachers because Lee will bring results that are normally not possible and will operate in entire different levels.
- Annually saving the counterfactual sums of your districts to all teacher levels thanks to the eternally lagging math poverty: for especially the districts where math averages are 1.5-2.5 years behind (which is common in most of the USA’s big city districts), this means about the magnitude of annual salaries of all teachers in these districts are wasted (as Lee has published elsewhere for this estimations). This means that complaining about the math teacher shortages while the supposedly certified quality teachers of the districts (or even the state DoEs) is simply absurd at least and irrational or Hippocratic at most. And even the vast majority of the star CMOs cannot scale up rapidly to overcome this gap, especially for the Grade 4-5-6 quickly. (http://uslgoglobal.com/math-teacher-shortage-crisis-vs-the-no-raising-the-math-edu-quality-quickly/)
- The saved money from the otherwise lost math education can be used in areas of the urgencies: for more creative education, literacy education, or critical budgets to empower especially the children from high poverty areas.
- Using MMU x.x operations as the transitional schemes as alternatives instead of making it dominate (which may give the peace of minds to the certified math teachers): if the initial collaborations turn out well, perhaps we can build a networks of longer term collaborations at least till 1. Your serious quality math teacher shortages are resolved; 2. Your overall districts, CMOs, state DoEs’ math average is at least respectable. And for most big cities, this means to boost 1-3 years of math learning boosts that will take a lot of time and money without MMU series.
- Math Reforms to take place in just 1-2 years for districts (not 1-2-3+ decades with far less results): as such, during your administrations, you can completely avoid the quality math teacher shortages (and boost their math far better than the very best results of the Charter Networks’) with far better results; and this is possible only with the MMU series as the past 10-20 years of history of the CMOs will show you (if you can trust the CREDO data).
- To overcome the quality science teacher shortages as well: after the initial Math operations in MMU, if the demands rise Lee may take care of the science teacher shortage crisis as well (but not immediately).
(This last bird is totally optional for those who are willing to unite these 2 separate parts) This last part is optional because the current overall relationships between the districts and charters seem to be akin to those between the divorced parents. I have tried to collaborate for both sides, but this efforts seemed to have backfired instead of uniting us. So although I hope that both sides get along, but I share this last piece as an alternative for those who want to unite them because the children (Romeo and Juliet) will suffer more if the enmities continue too long, much more than both districts and the charter (networks).
11. To unite the school districts and charters: by demonstrating the super star quality math average upheavals and ending math poverty shares, MMU series may be able to unite the districts and charters together – as a force rising outside the ongoing feuds – to empower both to serve the children instead of maintaining the separation schemes tragically. This is where the super star quality can contribute for both. In just 10 years or so, most of the biggest 30-40 cities of the USA will have the charter shares of 40-50%+ according to the past charter growth patterns. Instead of prolonging the invisible walls higher than the new wall on the Mexican border by the Trump administration, the districts and the charters should unite. (This was explained at http://uslgoglobal.com/lees-answer-to-the-math-teachers-administrators-or-superintendents-who-may-feel-nervous-about-the-radical-innovations-in-math-education-and-why-math-edu-needs-super-stars/.)
Please ask yourself.
- Even if we can resolve 1-3 of these 11 headaches and heartaches together, that will be still considered a great success, won’t they?
- And if you don’t want to do anything about this at all by simply ignoring this, then ask yourself why you are in the executive or administrative positions in your district or state DoE or national DoE.
- Those who are on top of their positions have duty to embrace the best innovations and to open the communication channels. For those who abandon this role is not only betray their promises, but also the large part of the future benefits of their own children. If you disagree, you can let me know. If you agree with me, welcome to the better land.
For more detailed MMU1 proposals by Lee for districts and charters, you may contact Lee via the website. www.uslgoglobal.com
This is not a time to save faces. This is time to empower the kids what they deserve.
- Reality stranger than fiction: the real education should prioritize the children more than the teachers, especially during the serious EDU crisis. For more details on this issue, you can read Lee’s 4 page nonfictional fiction. http://uslgoglobal.com/fictionalized-mmu-story-reality-stranger-than-fiction-romeo-and-juliet-must-die-according-to-the-health-bureaus-of-our-time-in-most-of-our-governments/
- MMU1’s previous evidences: http://uslgoglobal.com/short-video-evidence-summaries-about-usl-mmu1-mini-mini-usl1/
- The original USL evidences: http://uslgoglobal.com/usl1-short-introduction/
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.