NOTE: the downloadable version has more information in PDF form than this page. Please click here below.
- USL0.5 y 0.25: Executive Summary 1 page_(Version2):
- 7 Key Points to MOEs, DOEs and governments why they should collaborate with the USL 0.5 and 1 (1 page)
- USL0.5 y 0.25: Executive Summary_5 page_(Version 1)
Executive Summary (for USL 0.5 or 0.25)
USL originally is a breakthrough math education that has already proved that it can make the average students learn school math for K-12 10-50 times faster than usual. So far this incredible claim has been proved in 2 countries, 3 towns, 8 schools, over 1,200 students from the grades 2 to 11 by making them learn 1-1.5 month math materials in merely 30-40 minute classes as testified by the testimonials by 4 school principals and video chantings by over 700 students and 3 television coverages about the USL pilot studies. (Evidences in the Appendix at the end).
- Documents for the evidences that support the USL x.x claims and proposals: Please read the documents to see the relevance of USL 0.5 proposals to the state governments. Preliminary Data For USA DOEs (The state math proficiency and math proficiency growth rate data excerpts for THE U.S. State and National governments relevant for the USL 0.25, 0.5 and 1.0 (version 1))
- The original papers by Hanushek-Woessmann and Peterson published from UNESCO, World Bank, Harvard, and OECD, from which our original linking between the USL1´s boosting of 2 year national average math and boost of 2% GDP per capita connections are based can be found here (for those who like to check the origin)
The recommended national or international online assessment organizations for the USL1 pilot projects, please click here.
The Company (as a Social Enterprise)
Dongchan Lee is the sole creator of USL. USL1 (version 1.0) will be an umbrella for various USL1-based start-up Social Enterprise companies that will deal with the various collaborations with the city, state, and national governments. Each will consist of both the for-profit and for not-for-profit arms. With the governments, it will operate mostly as not-for-profit and with investors as for-profits. Although we have the overwhelming results of USL from the previous USL pilot studies, we need more rigor to meet the rigorous international standards. Thus, we need tens of thousands of new students to persuade the state & national governments and the UN to make USL1 go global in 2016-2017. Furthermore, we´d like to build a UGNSE1 (USL Global Network of Social Enterprise 1.0). As such, we are currently seeking to build the a board of members for each major city, state or national government in such a way that they participate with our new exclusively online-based USL1 pilot studies for each participating state and national government.
We hope at least 2,000-3,000 students for each grade and initially plan to cover only the grades between primarily the grades 3-5 for the first collaboration, and then for the second phase extending to 2 and 6, and then 7-8, etc. The local governments will coordinate the business operations to create the UGNSE1 for the state or country so that we can share the profits together in such a way their certain proportions will be used to boost the local green economy, green employment, and green infrastructures to all participating schools, etc.
Products (to share as Social Enterprises for USL1, 0.5, 0.25 with the willing governments and like-minded Social Entrepreneurs):
due to the extreme skepticisms about the USL´s efficiency and its over-disruptive potentials for the currently existing math education around the world, however, we´re currently pursuing to boost at most the math average by 2 years with USL1 (version 1.0) at the national levels, boosting by 1 year average with USL 0.5 for the state levels, or boosting by half a year with USL 0.25 for the city levels.
- The national average math scores of the U.S.A., according to NAEP, have grown at the rate of about 1.6% annually. With this rate, it will take about 16 years to advance the 1 year school math average and about 31 years to advance 2 year national average math scores (but this will take longer because as national averages advance, mostly they tend to slow down significantly), but USL1 can make this happen in 2-4 years, not 31 years at least (and probably may take more like 40-50 years).
- The NY state average school math skill has grown at the rate of 2.2% between 1992-2011 to advance the state average by 1 years (according to NAEP), which means it took about 12 years to achieve that and to advance 2 years of math levels it would take about 23 years at the same rate and the chances are more like 30-40 years as the pace will slow down most likely, but USL1 can boost it to that level in just 1-2 years.
- The Hawaiian average school math skill has grown at the rate of 2.6% between 1992-2011 to advance the state average by 1 years in about 13 years, but USL1 can boost it to that level in just 1-2 years.
- The USL1-induced surplus economic gains of the average states in the U.S.A. will be 7-10 times economically over the next 35 years or so. For most of the U.S. states, the USL 0.5-induced benefits to their GDP will be larger than the current total GDP in 15-20 years. Please refer to the tables in the following page.
Table 1 (According to the data from NAEP …)
|Average school math skill growth rates in the U.S.A.||Bottom growth states (0.5%)||Low growth states (1%)||The U.S.A growth rate (1.6%)||Above average growth states (2%)||Fastest growth states (3%), e.g. MA,||NY or CA State (2.2% per yr.)||Hawaii (2.6% per yr.)|
|The average years needed to boost about 1 year math (USL 0.5)||about 50 years||about 25 years||15-16 years||12-13 years||About 8 years||11-12 years||About 10 years|
|years it takes for USL 0.5 form||1-2 years||1-2 years||1-2 years||1-2 years|
The massive economic implications of USL 0.5 and 1 within short years. The intimate connections: 1 year of average school math level difference vs. the surplus 1% of Real GDP growth rate: the simplest estimations for the U.S.A. and OECD countries
Table 2 (Online USL pilot studies with the U.S. states)
|Time to prepare||The actual Pilot week duration||The actual USL 0.5 pilot classes||Time frame||Total costs|
|1-2 months||1-2 weeks||about 3 days||March or April (to be invited for the preparations and plans)April or May (to run the pilots)||Depending on how many students or schools (probably 1-2 Million US$)|
As these will be our first U.S.A. city or state collaborations, the costs will be not huge.
- The original mechanism behind the USL1 operation: Hanushek and Peterson – how 2 year advancement of math education boosts the GDPs (1 minute)
- Relevant facts and data in support of the unusual claims by USL x.x for the education authorities and departments of education: http://uslgoglobal.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/PreliminaryDataForUSA_DOEs_version1.pdf
- How USL1 will double the GDP growth rates and USL 0.5 will increase 35-50%, e.g. from the current U.S.A. GDP growth rate from about 2.5% to 5%. http://uslgoglobal.com/how-usl1-doubles-the-gdp-growth-rates-halves-the-population-growth-rates/
APPENDIX 4: For more details and evidences about the USL´s previous pilot studies
We strongly suggest you to at least skim through some of them to get the feel for these.
- For the TV coverages of the USL pilot studies
- For the video testimonials of the school principals of the grades 2-11 (in Spanish)
- Town mayor (Santa Lucia Utatlan, Solola, in Guatemala), school principals recommending USL to the UN, UNESCO, and Ministries of Education
- Archives of students supporting and recommending USL to make it go global, to create a movement
- Over 700 former students of USL chanting “Let’ support USL. USL Go global. To the Ministry of Education, to the UN, to UNESCO”
- Former student testimonials (mostly in English and some Spanish)
- Brief testimonials of the teachers who participated during the USL pilot studies
Hanushek, E. A., & Woessmann, L. (2011). Education For All: Global Monitoring Report (2012/ED/EFA/MRT/PI/01). Obtenido de http://www.unesco.org/: http://www.unesco.org/new/fileadmin/MULTIMEDIA/HQ/ED/pdf/gmr2012-ED-EFA-MRT-PI-01.pdf
For more details, www.uslgoglobal.com