(We have translation for this introduction page in Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, and Korean. We apologize for the poor translations into your languages.)
(We have the 2 translation buttons on the top, right column area throughout this website.)
Lee has run pilot studies of the original USL (during which he made the average students of the grades 2-11 to learn 30-40 days worthy of math in 1 class of30-40 minutes), then MMU1 (math 25 percentile rapidly to 75 percentile), published a series of papers on the math stagnations as real, releasing economic justifications about absolutely urgent necessity of MMU1 for most governments, be it districts, cities, states, or countries.
For each of the following list, you can click to see more detailed information and sources with the data or concrete evidences.
- He ran the original USL pilot studies from Mexico and Guatemala for 8 schools (both public and private) and 3 towns, 8 schools for more than 1,200 students. He made most of them learn what normally take 30-40 days in just 1 class of 30-40 minutes with roughly the same math test results. This was tested for the grades 2-11. (Later Lee abandoned the project after he realized that the EDU establishments and business will never ever support this as it is too disruptive and an absolute revolution of mind, which nobody actually wants.).
- Next was USL 0.5-1 to empower the most countries to overcome the math poverty in 2-4 years. And even this had a lot of resistances in Guatemala and most of the math poor governments didn’t seem to accept the possibility although this was about 4-8% of the original USL capacity.
- MMU1 (Mini Mini USL1): this is what Lee is currently pushing mostly to collaborate with various cities and school districts from more developed countries outside Guatemala (after realizing that the government here would not support any at least for several years or probably a decade). The evidences from data from 2 private schools (both one of the top primary or secondary schools and the Secondary school is considred the best in the entire state of Solola and its all computing facilities were provided by the USAID) in Guatemala is given here.
- Media coverage (State and National TVs from Guatemala): due to the visionless cowardice of other national commercial media in Guatemala, Lee had only the 3 times of the VEA canal (a national, non-commercial TV channel of Guatemala) with the absolute zero coverage of the national newspapers and commercial TVs although some editor-in-chief promised to cover but betrayed their promises. So to make the MMU1 more global, Lee is focusing on more developed countries (instead of getting bogged down in a hopeless land of cowards) from February 2017 on. No more Guatemala, finished totally and absolutely.
- Working Paper series about called “Math Stagnation Nations“ about almost entire OECD (developed) countries, including the USA, the entire 50 USA states, and about 20 big USA cities (or districts) as well as most of the Latin American countries and the top 5-6 math EDU nations from the North Eastern Asia.
- You need to utilize the MMU1 proposals as the first step to overcome the math poverty for the cities, districts, states, and even countries that may support the cause because without this, Lee simply doesn’t see the future math growths because the national and international math test data of the past 10-20+ years clearly show that for most developed countries, the math stagnations will continue as the statistical patterns seem all pointing to that direction with the devastating economic stagnations eventually (Click to get the Executive Summary on this).
- To propose MMU 0.5-1 pilot study proposals to the districts, cities, governments, philanthropists, NGOs, investors, media people, and other like-minded people (summarized in this 1 page highglight) who are rational, efficient to go directly to the ultimate causes of troubles instead of whining and complaining, praying with the never ending wishful thinking of mostly futile reforms that haven’t bear fruits and will not bear fruits much either.
- Release more comprehensive book about this; so Lee needs a publisher for this.
- Talk show appearances in the USA and many developed countries in 2017 (and need your help to connect to any city, state, and national Talk Show hosts for TVs and Radios and online).
- To run various pilot studies each of which run on at least 4,000 students (2k for the math poorest half and the other 2k for the math richer half) in the various cities of the USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada and all else. So wherever you are, please support Lee’s cause to empower the world.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.